Tuesday, October 14, 2014

On Controversy, Blogging and Honoring Christ


Guess who's back, back again
Eddie's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back
guess who's back
Guess who's back?


Over the last couple of weeks I have received a lot of feedback on some of the posts I have published here on "Theologian X." Through emails and instant messenger on Facebook, some people have let me know that they did not appreciate the controversial nature of some of my blog posts.

While I want to respect the concerns of these individuals and produce a blog that is honors Christ in all that I communicate, I think it is important that I state clearly at this juncture, that I cannot promise that I will not post blogs of a controversial nature. In fact, I will. I will also publish controversial blog posts regarding the Southern Baptist Convention. I will try not to let bitterness overtake me, but promise to comment on the SBC objectively in  manner that honors Christ and is relevant.

I have never been one to mince words and avoid controversy and I will not now. I will try to listen to the concerns of my readers, but cannot promise that I will always write on things that you agree with. I also want to say that the days of me taking down controversial blog posts are over. From now on, what I have written will remain as is on Theologian X whether or not it is controversial or happens to offend..


I plan on writing on a lot of issues facing the Evangelical Church and the Southern Baptist Convention and will often push the envelope in communicating my views. I do want to honor Christ in all that I do here, but cannot promise that I won't step on toes and break some dishes in the process.

Moving forward, I have big plans for this blog and am working on incorporating this blog into my larger website that will also include my podcasts and videos.

I plan on throwing down the proverbial gauntlet and to quote Eminem, "it is about to get heavy in here."





No comments:

Post a Comment