Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Little Black Spot on the Human Heart







There's a little black spot on the sun today

It's the same old thing as yesterday

There's a black hat caught in the high tree top

There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain 
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain.
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign 
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain.

There's a little black spot on the sun today, that's my soul up there
It's the same old thing as yesterday, that's my soul up there
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top, that's my soul up there
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop, that's my soul up there
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain 
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain.
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign 
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain.

"King of Pain"
The Police
1983
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"
(Romans 3:23)


In writing the various controversial posts for this blog, it is possible for me to forget the majestic reservoir and foundation from where my theology is derived. I very much believe in the Augustinian and Calvinist conception of the grace of God and the depravity of humanity. I believe that in mankind's original state, Adam and Eve dwelt in a world of perfection but fell from grace. Because we are all direct physical offspring of Adam, we have inherited a sinful nature. We sin by nature and by choice and because God is absolutely holy, He cannot receive us as we are. We have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory and the wages of our sin is death and desolation. Things are now not the way they are supposed to be. The very world we live in is fallen.
The good news is that while there is nothing we can do to save ourselves from this fallen condition, God is merciful and has provided a way of grace and salvation for us.
God has provided the gift of His only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who died and rose again from the dead to give eternal life to all who will sincerely repent and believe.
Although we have fallen from grace, there is a way of escape and that avenue of redemption comes through faith in Jesus Christ who is the only way of salvation.
Jesus said,
"I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father, except by Me."
                                                                                                  (John 14:6).
God's infallible and inerrant Word says,
"Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved" (Acts 14:12).
Jesus Christ is the way of grace for those who believe. Only Jesus can heal the little black spot of sin on our human hearts.
God is good and full of grace, we need to trust in Him today.


No comments:

Post a Comment