Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Lordship of Christ and Social Media

                        "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God"

                                                                                        1 Corinthians 10:31


With the ability to rapidly spread our every thought and cognitive whim through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other modes of social media, it is possible to develop the tendency to believe we can communicate in a matter that is without consequence or repercussions. However, certain events in recent days have caused me to reconsider how and what I blog about.

Over the last month or so, internal tracking technology shows that over 1000 people have read this blog. This is probably due to the controversial nature of some of my posts. While I could write more and more controversial posts to generate a wide following with this "Theologian X" blog, I am reconsidering what I am doing here.

In the last week or so, I have received calls and emails from individuals with concerns about what I am blogging about. I was generally pretty impervious to these complaints until one of my best friends called me with questions over some of the things I have written on this blog. 

I have come to conclusion that if I am going to blog, I need to write on things that glorify God and edify my readers. I realize that I must be under the Lordship of Jesus Christ in everything I do, even social media blogging.

Above everything else in life, I am a Christian who believes in the authority of the Bible that teaches explicitly that Christians are under the Lordship of Christ in every aspect of our lives.





No comments:

Post a Comment