Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Troublemakers Often Change the World

                                                    Think and Dare to be Different


                                                                                   
                                                                                     
                                      


Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

                                                                                                "Think Different"
                                                    
                                                                                                  Apple Computers


 
 
"You say you want a revolution
well, we all want to change the world."
 
The Beatles
"Revolution"
 
 
 "Those who know their God will be strong and carry out great exploits."
 
                                                      Daniel 11:32
 
 
If you have been reading this blog lately, you may be asking yourself, who is Theologian X and why is he posting all these angry and controversial blog posts all the time?
 
Some have questioned my motives and say that bitterness alone drives me in writing. To this, I respond by saying that much, much more than bitterness drives and fuels my life and ministry. I am only scratching the surface of unlimited potential that this blog and my nascent media ministry could generate. I am constantly posting these blogs and am studying at one of the best graduate schools in America under the singular assumption that I believe I can change the world.
 
I have an unquenchable fire that burns within me! I have the fire of a thousand men burning like a white hot sun within me because I am angry. I am angry at the state of the American church that I have been in for close to thirty years. I have a passion to effect real change in the world I live in. This blog is only the beginning for my ministry of being an agent of reformation and change in this dying world.
 
I am 3,000 miles away from my beloved Southern California studying in Princeton, New Jersey because I believe that one singular dedicated life can change the world. Many have called me a bitter little man and a trouble maker. Others have said that I am a loser and will never amount to anything, to this I say, that there was a time that many people thought Steve Jobs was a loser, hippie and a freak. Little did they know that long haired "trouble maker" tinkering around in his parent's small garage, would change the world.
 
Yes, I believe I can change the world. I want to effect massive, cataclysmic change in the Evangelical Christian world I live in. From there, I want to see this powerful change spill out into the broader Christian church and then the entire world. I want to ignite a spark that will fan into a flame that will burn bright around the world. I want to help reform American Evangelicalism like Martin Luther helped reform the church in his day. I want to change the world.
 
I have spent almost the entirety of my life in American Evangelicalism and within the American conservative movement. I presently see grave issues within American Evangelicalism and Conservatism that greatly hinder our effectiveness. I want to help reform American Evangelicalism.
 
Some of the biggest issues facing American Evangelicalism concern the absorption of consumerism and celebrity driven values. Much of Evangelicalism today is driven by media driven Christian celebrities who maintain massive power and influence due to their media generated fame. Many Evangelicals contribute to and perpetuate cults of personality based around individuals who became powerful and successful predicated upon their media empire and celebrity status.
 
This blog and my coming website, podcasts and videos will shed light on major issues facing Evangelicalism in America.
 
I want to see authentic Christianity flourish in America.
 
I write and act to change my world. The reign of Evangelical celebrities must end. Here I stand, so help me God.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment