Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Why I am Praying for Mark Driscoll



    By now most of us have heard that Mark Driscoll has resigned from his position as Pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle. If you have not heard this news, you can click on to the following links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/us/mark-driscoll-evangelical-megachurch-mars-hill.html?_r=0

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/10/15/mark-driscoll-top-megachurch-pastor-resigns/

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/october-web-only/mark-driscoll-resigns-from-mars-hill.html


I am personally saddened about this turn of events. I really respect Mark Driscoll on many levels and pray that his departure from Mars Hill is the best for him and his family.

While I can understand why Mark Driscoll stepped down from his ministry and probably support this step, I am heartbroken because I personally love him and believe in his ministry. As a fellow Evangelical with similar theological views, I agree with much of Mark Driscoll's outlook and feel bad that this has occurred. Mark is a great man and great teacher of God's Word and I wish him the very best.

I do not support many of the questionable things Mark Driscoll has done over the years and think over all that him stepping down from leadership from Mars Hill is best for his church and for American Evangelicalism. I do not rejoice in Mark Driscoll's resignation and fall from public grace.

Mark Driscoll is a very gifted man and my prayer is that God will restore him to ministry in some capacity in the future. I am very sad about this and words cannot express how bad I feel for him and his family. Whether or not if you were a supporter of Mark Driscoll, please pray for him and his family.

 I can only imagine how bad they feel right now. I hope he has a group of dedicated and loving Christians around him. I am sad that there are people out there who were hurt by Pastor Mark and pray for reconciliation between all parties.

There is much about Mark Driscoll I can relate to. His resignation from his pastoral position caused me to reflect upon my own life and ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment