Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Breaking Bad: When NFL Players do Stupid Things



 

While I do often comment on sports related things here on Theologian X, recently there have been enough bone head moves committed by NFL players for me to say something. Only those very close to me know that I am, in all actuality, a big sports fan.
 In fact, I have followed college and professional sports my entire life. In any event, I love sports and while I do not comment about athletics much on my various modes of media expression, I am still a passionate fan. Having said this, recent events surrounding the NFL have greatly angered me.
The first bad move I need to comment on is the absolutely uncool and intolerable behavior of Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, who maliciously stomped on the injured leg of Packers QB Aaron Rodgers leg.
I believe the video evidence demonstrates that Suh did this on purpose and deserves the suspension he received from the NFL for this coming weekend’s game against the Dallas Cowboys. Suh has done this kind of trashy and spiteful stuff before and deserves to be thrown out of the NFL forever. His cleating of Rodgers only hurts himself and the Detroit Lions.
The second NFL player I felt obliged to comment about is Johnny Manziel, who had a horrible rookie season with the Cleveland Browns and must make immediate and necessary changes or run the risk of getting booted from the NFL for good. Manziel has a lot of talent but is very immature and needs some sort of character transplant before next season if he has any hope of not riding the pine for the 2015 season.
The last NFL athlete I want to comment on is Johnny Manziel’s teammate Josh Gordon, who plays wide receiver for the Browns. This guy is also immensely talented at his position, and has been imparted incredible, God given ability, but is throwing his life and career away by bad decision making. Gordon has previously been suspended in college and by the NFL for illegal drug use and needs to somehow get a grip on his life lest he smokes his career away too…
All these NFL players I have mentioned have incredible talent. However, they are self-imploding and destroying their careers by unwise choices on and off the field and that is just tragic because they have been given immense gifts. My prayer is that each of these guys wakes up and get their lives together before it is too late. They have to learn that they have been given extraordinary opportunities that may only come once in their lifetimes…  

No comments:

Post a Comment