Monday, December 22, 2014

My Biggest Blogging Mistake


         I made a colossal and unmitigated mistake not standing up for the police in the Ferguson and NYC Police Controversies 



"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger."

                                     James 1:19


    I made a mistake. No, "mistake" is too insignificant word for what I have done recently. I failed exceedingly in a recent blog post I wrote about the Ferguson and New York City Police controversies. In fact, major mistakes were made on my part and I am deeply mournful for my failings in this respect.

You see, for my entire life I have been a conservative. I am a 'conservative's conservative" and have always tried to stand up for law and order and the rule of law in American society. However, in the case of the controversies in NYC and Ferguson, I got caught up with the excitement and rushed to judgment too quickly on these issues. 

In fact, I allowed peer pressure and the fact that I am trying to make friends and influence people in a very secular and liberal college town to cloud my better judgment. The Bible says, "A fools voice is known through a multitude of words," (Ecclesiastes 5:13), and I have said far too much without checking the facts in order to solicit readership for this blog.

I know want to go down on record that while I do believe that there is justification to be angry about the Eric Garner and Michael Brown shootings, I now know that I spoke far too quickly and rushed to a verdict without doing my my due diligence and own private investigation before saying that these two young men "were murdered" by the police. I simply do not know if this is the case. I need to be far more careful with what I write here on this blog.

Since the beginning of October, over 25,000 people have read my blog and profile page on Google, and I have an obligation before God to speak and write about truthful things. I was far from being accurate in what I wrote and I am sorry.  I am crushed beyond belief for my failings in this respect and my heart breaks and mourns the loss of these two police officers who were killed on the job in NYC.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment