Tuesday, December 16, 2014

No Kings, Dictators or Despots!

Why I have been blogging and taking bold positions

by Lee Edward "Ed" Enochs




Throughout the annals of human history there have been certain individuals who have “thought outside the box” and have pushed the human race forward with innovative thinking and bold actions. The limits of time and space prohibit me from chronicling in depth for you the prodigious mental and physical efforts of these unique transformative individuals who have radically altered the course of human history.

However, pick an era of world history and you will see a bold woman or man who dared to challenge conventional wisdom and the prevailing outlook of their times. Whether it was Confucius, Martin Luther, John Calvin, Amelia Earhart, M.K. Gandhi, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Stephen Hawking, Martin Luther King, Jr., Mother Theresa or Steve Jobs, these bold pioneers of human history pushed us forward and changed our world for the better and forever. As I grow older and the time of my departure from this earthly sphere draws near, I have decided to buck the conventional Evangelical and suburban American wisdom and actually attempt to make a difference in this great big world we live in. I believe there is more to human existence than making a bunch of money so I can live in a big mansion and take luxury cruises to the Bahamas’ and live out the rest of my days in a mundane suburban existence.




 I want to radically change the world and in this era of specialization, I realize now that I cannot change the world in every area, so I have decided to focus on a few important matters of importance to human existence. I have come to believe, after decades of “wilderness wandering” and contemplation about what contributions I can make for the betterment of collective society, I have come to believe that I want to be known as an individual who stood, with great vehemence, for human autonomy and personal freedom. That is, I want to stand for our right as human beings to be our own decision makers in the world of politics, economics and religion. I want to stand for a brand of conservatism that stresses fiscal and personal independence from church and state.

I have come to believe that pure libertarianism, the belief that human freedom and liberty from external control is the principle objective of human existence. I have come to believe that our personal autonomy and freedom of choice in the areas of economics, politics and religion is the very thing that all of us need to be truly authentic human beings. The maximization of our personal freedom and autonomy from government control and tyranny is my primary reason for existence. It is my mission statement and the reason why I live, move and have my being. I want us to be truly free that we might live, succeed and worship God without being controlled by anything but the dictates of our own conscience.

This is why I have been blogging and shooting these odd little videos, I am on the verge of launching myself into the world of ideas and the public arena. I want us to give libertarianism and true freedom a choice. I do not want to be controlled or regulated by the state or any given religion. This is my stand, for freedom and for autonomy from external control.

I have come under the sway of freedom and have become drunk on the wine of liberty. My goal is for the maximization of our autonomy from government and religious coercion and control. I believe for women and men to be truly free we must take a stand and free ourselves from dependence on anyone but ourselves. Give me liberty or give me death. Let her or him who has ears let them hear! I know that very few people take me seriously now, but what the heck! Maybe something will happen and by the grace of God, I will change the world. The world has been changed by dreamers that few believed in during their lifetimes, but now their ideas rule the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment