Friday, February 20, 2015

Trinitarian


In recent months I have done much to make my views known. The unfortunate thing about this is that the vast majority of my writings of late have been about what I disagree with more than what I agree with Christians about. I have become known in certain circles as a critic of Evangelicalism and the Southern Baptist Convention, but as much as I want to see definite change occur throughout American Evangelicalism and the SBC, I want to know God and give an accurate representation of who God is to contemporary postmodern society.

Once and for all, for the record and for the utmost clarity; I am a devout Christian. I make no apologies for my Christian faith. I believe in Jesus Christ with all my heart and I believe the Bible is the inerrant, inspired, infallible Word of God. I also believe that the Bible is our only authority, and while I strongly concur with the historic and ecumenical creeds of the Christian faith, my faith is predicated on God's Word alone.

I believe that salvation in Jesus Christ alone. I believe we are justified by God's grace alone, apart from human works or effort and I most definitely believe salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, for the glory of God alone and based exclusively on the Bible alone.

I also believe in the historic Christian doctrine of the Trinity that teaches that there is one God and in God exists three distinct persons who share the same spiritual essence, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I am very much a Trinitarian and believe in this aspect of Christian theology very much.

I am sorry if there is any confusion out there about what I believe. I need to do better at promoting my Christian faith to this lost world.

For the record and with boldness and agreement with the historic Christian Church, I believe in Jesus Christ.









































































No comments:

Post a Comment