Friday, November 21, 2014

Saying Goodbye to the Woman I Love




When a man loves a woman

I have a confession to make. As much as it may be surprising to some of you, I once loved a woman. 

I generally don’t discuss my personal life, but I have to express the deep and abiding love I once had for a woman.

Yes, all the rumors are true,  I had a passionate love affair with an intellectual woman.

I gave this woman the best years of my life and she taught me so much about life, I thought I would be with her forever.

A fiercely independent woman, she taught me not to trust anyone except myself.
She taught me to make my own way in this world and not to depend on the state for a hand out. 

She taught me that I must be selfish to succeed in life and she taught me the following incredible insights: Follow reason, not faith. Work hard to achieve a life of purpose and productiveness and pursue your own happiness as your highest moral aim.

Yes, I loved this woman with all my heart.

However, I had to break up with her because we had a fierce disagreement over my Christian faith.

She was an atheist, but I am a Christian and we were completely incompatible in regards to faith. She said religious faith is for fools. I say faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing in human existence.

I believe in God with all my heart.
She said I was a fool.
I really did not leave her, she left me and my heart at the door when she said my faith was a fraud.

She said love and altruism were fools. I say that we must lay down our life for a friend.

I loved this woman with all my heart, but I love God more.

And that's that and my love is no more.

I loved a woman, yes it is all true. Her name was Ayn Rand, the founder of Objectivism. She also wrote "Atlas Shrugged" and the "Fountainhead," two books that greatly influenced me in life...
She was my libertarian lover for a while, but now our love is no more...




No comments:

Post a Comment