Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Mud Puddle Chronicles

                                   (A Metaphor on Mormonism)                  



Some time ago I was on my way to work when I stumbled upon a puddle of mud. Now, it appeared to be just another puddle of mud among other puddles of mud that I had happened to trample on or by or around during my nondescript cog of a life. However, I was mistaken. By divine revelation or bitter indigestion, it was imparted unto me from what I thought was the voice of an angel that this particular mud puddle was the greatest mud puddle in the storied history of mud puddles seen by all of humanity.

Specifically, this puddle of mud would ultimately be the impetus for the rise and fall of many nations around the world. I wept bitterly when I realized that it was I who was chosen to reveal the truth of the mud puddle to the masses.

On this particular day, while walking to work, I attempted to take a short cut through the old country club golf course. Initially, I was a bit distressed to find out that the morning dew had made the grass quite wet. My shoes and socks became really wet as well and this upset me quite sorely.

However, my distress over my water laden shoes and socks subsided when, out of the corner of my eye, by grace, I saw the greatest sight my eyes had ever laid hold of. I then stood before that mud puddle, mesmerized since I had never seen such a majestic sight in all my years. Because of the power and beauty of that puddle of mud, I stood before it for what seemed to be an eternity, when a voice of an angel oozed forth from the blessed mud itself!

In the greatest voice ever heard by mortal men, the mud puddle explained to me that he was an angelic being named  Mani Mephisto and that I was his chosen prophet. Now, Mani told me in the strictest tone imaginable that no other man or woman on earth would be able to here his voice or see his heavenly visage and that I alone would be his messenger on the earth.

He told me that he was once a great arch angel that fell to earth for asking a question. He told me that God had banished him to earth for a thousand years with a great scroll in his hand and that the contents of the great scroll would only be revealed to him God chose to be worthy.

I wept like a child when I realized that the angel was talking about me. I could not believe these marvelous works and wonders would be revealed to me. Also was stunned to be cognizant of the fact that I was the greatest man that had ever lived on the face of the earth. Furthermore, this angelic messenger informed me that no one on earth would ever be able to see his form and explain his exact location. He then showed me the contents of the great scroll in his hand.

The great scroll informed me, with a sweet and soft tone, that I was the greatest man that ever lived and that all nations, tribes, tongues and peoples of the earth would one day bow before me in humility. The angel told me that I was the last great prophet on the earth and the scroll in his hand would be called The Mud Puddle Chronicles.

The majestic angel then told me that only those who were deemed worthy would believe the truth of these cherished documents and that the veracity of these Chronicles could not be ascertained by normal means and by mere mortal men. This angel told me that while many would doubt me and castigate my visions, I was to remain true to the end.

He told me that these visions and Chronicles were only be verifiable by a burning feeling in the hearts of the chosen only. I wept when I realized that I was the chosen leader and prophet of this new religious movement founded upon the words of angel found in a puddle of mud.


No comments:

Post a Comment