Monday, November 24, 2014

The Dark Tower

 

 
 
There is a dark tower I often go to...
Time after after time I return there
It is dark, dank and dismal

It is a monolith and testimony to my hidden shame...

Augustine wrote about it
Calvin pondered it...
 
Barth spoke of it as well..
 
I have spent most of my life there
In solemn solitude
 
It is the dark tower of my heart
It is the abyss of sin that is in my soul...
 
However there is another tower!
It is an infinitely greater tower!

The Lord God Almighty is that strong tower
Mighty and strong to save
The righteous run to Him and are safe!

We are justified by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone for the glory of God alone.

The only way to wash away our hidden shame and the darkness of our soul is to look to Jesus Christ, who died and rose again that we might live in Him forever!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment