Tuesday, January 13, 2015

When Churches Abuse


    What to do when your world has
 been shattered by abusive pastors and churches




  I have been associated with conservative Evangelical churches for many years. I have also attended some of the most prominent Evangelical academic institutions in America and feel used and abused right now. 

I am still recovering from the worst form of Evangelical Christian fundamentalism I observed first hand at a Southern Baptist seminary in Texas.  

While I still held on to my faith and very much believe in Jesus Christ and Evangelical doctrine, I am greatly disillusioned with much of what I experienced in almost three decades in contemporary Evangelicalism. 

I have been particularly thrashed by abusive and autocratic pastors and seminary administrators, of whom I saw very little authentic Christianity.

Unfortunately, I now am part of the multitudes of disillusioned Evangelicals who feel abused and on the run from conservative Evangelicalism. Where I will land, only God Almighty knows.

I just cannot support the Evangelical Christian belief that should not question autocratic leaders in the church. I dared to do this and was burned badly. I am charred and scarred by Evangelicalism. 

God have mercy on my soul...


No comments:

Post a Comment